Doctors Revive Mom After Giving Her CPR For A Whopping Hour And 15 Minutes


Arlee Gregerson had just given birth to a newborn baby girl. The pregnancy seemed totally fine, until two days later, Arlee suddenly dropped dead before her husband’s eyes. The mother collapsed inside the bathroom of her hospital room in the maternity ward of Intermountain Medical Center in Murray, Utah.

“Suddenly she stopped talking and just had this blank stare,” Arlee’s husband, Ryan told KSTU’s Max Roth. Arlee suffered from a pulmonary embolism that sent her into cardiac arrest. She had a large blood clot in her lung that placed her on the brink of death. Thanks to a staff of nearly 50 doctors and nurses who acted quickly and smartly, Arlee was revived from near-death. It’s a rare miracle, but it isn’t unheard of: Tracey Hermanstorfer and her newborn both dropped dead, only to come back to life minutes later.

See how this incredible hospital staff did the unthinkable to make sure this mom was home for Christmas below…

New mom Arlee Gregerson gave birth without a hitch via C-section. Then two days later, she suddenly passed out in the hospital bathroom. At 4:20 in the morning, she woke her husband Ryan and asked for help. Then she stopped talking and her eyes went vacant.


Arlee fainted, Ryan caught her on the way down and called for help. Just 20 minutes later, her heart stopped beating. It came back, then again she was gone. Arlee was suffering from a pulmonary embolism and blood clot in her lung.

“I looked up and they were sprinting down the hall with Arlee on the bed. I saw someone jump up on and start compressions again. I really thought she was not going to make it,” Ryan said.


The doctor jumped onto the moving gurney  something she had never done before and performed CPR . The staff pushed Arlee through three buildings to the ICU. Finally her pulse returned, but then it went away. Doctors and nurses continued chest compressions for an hour and 15 minutes.


It worked…


“There’s not a whole lot of people that get CPR for about an hour and wake up and do well, so, it truly was a miracle,” said intensive care director Dr. Don Van Boerum.

The reason doctors performed CPR for so long is because the chest compressions were the only thing keeping her vitals up. Doctors kept her heart beating, beat by beat, with their bare hands long enough for the medicine to clear the blood clot in her lungs.


“There is a reason I am here, I am so happy to be a mom to Lucy and watch her grow up and be with my family,” Arlee says of her doctors. “I can never thank you for not giving up on me.”

“It was like a symphony,” Ryan said. “And everybody played their role, and they played it perfectly. And it was the sweetest most beautiful symphony I could imagine because of how wonderful they did to figure out what was going on and to save my sweet wife.”

Five weeks later, watch her and Ryan thank the staff who saved her life below.



Please support the site
Please Like us for daily updates