Too many margaritas can definitely end in disaster, but I’ve never heard of anything like what happens in this story before…
When it comes to big events like births, graduations and weddings, I always like to think about Murphy’s Law and remember that if something can go wrong, it probably will. When this bride-to-be was ditched on her wedding day, she did the best she could to make light of the heartbreaking situation. However, when it comes down to it, there are just some things that you really can’t see coming in a million years, like the unfortunate tornado that destroyed this couple’s home before their nuptials.
Just days before his Memorial Day wedding weekend, Florida man Aaron Peers was doing some early celebrating by making he and his fiancee some margaritas. Peers thought nothing of squeezing limes for the drink in his backyard until the next day when painful, unsightly, 2nd-degree burns appeared all over his hands.
In a rare incident, the lime juice mixed with the sunlight to create phytophotodermatitis, a toxic reaction that severely blisters the skin and can take years to fully heal, if ever. Now, the couple’s plans to honeymoon in Hawaii have been put on the back burner, since Peers can’t be in the sun. Doctors don’t see this condition very often, but say it can happen to anyone, regardless of sun sensitivity.
Since other citric fruits can cause the same reaction, I’ll be avoiding putting any lemon in my hair this summer! Did you have any idea about this???
Please SHARE to let others know about this danger!